One of the nicest surprises that’s come from blogging for me was the great blogger friends I’ve made along the way. And, I was super flattered when one of them, Jillian from the Humble Gourmet, nominated me for a Liebster Award.
What’s a Liebster Award? It’s basically a blogger chain letter that lets other bloggers and my readers learn some more about me. The blogger that nominates you posts 11 questions for you to answer on your blog. THEN, you post 11 questions and invite 5 (ish– I’m cheating) blogger friends to answer.
Answers to the 11 Questions I was Given
1. You can only eat one food for the rest of your life. All health and allergies aside, what do you eat?
Pizza. It’s literally the only food I can think of that I have no memory of ever saying “I don’t really feel like eating that” about. Plus, there are endless toppings and flavors, which is a great characteristic to have in an eternal food.
2. What is the one book you can read over and over?
East of Eden is my smart answer. Reality is, I’ve actually re-read parts of the Hunger Games Trilogy multiple times recently. If I’m bored without entertainment somewhere, I’ll open them on my phone (Kindle app!) and read random pages, mostly the very end. Team Peeta.
3. What are your top-three must read blogs?
I use Bloglovin to follow so many, it’s hard to pick! Man Repeller, Atlantic-Pacific and The Cut (does it still count as a blog?) are three I read pretty thoroughly.
4. What celebrity do you look the most like?
Until about 10 years ago, it was always Molly Ringwald. In the last decade, Molly’s been replaced by Rachel McAdams. There’s a particular scene in The Notebook where she’s chasing birds on a beach that a crazy number of friends, coworkers and almost-strangers have gone out of their way to tell me looks just like me. Kind of concerning because she looks a bit crazy.
5. What is your favorite article of clothing in your closet?
Ugh, this is like asking someone to pick their favorite kid. I love them all!
Not clothes-clothes, but I have a pair of vintage patent heels that belonged to my grandmother that are really dear to me. I played dress up in them when I was little and thought they were the most glamorous things ever. They’re a size too big for grown-up me, but I keep them because they remind me of her and playing dress up. (Insert touching comment about not being able to fill my gram’s shoes in so many ways…)
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Kind of unexpected because I am such a sunworshipper, but I’d pick London. I love everything about that city, except the weather. When they do have sun, I love renting a chair in St. James Park. When they don’t, the glam beaches of Europe are just a short flight away. Jet set!
7. Who would be at your dream dinner party (dead or alive)?
Unlimited guests?! I could make a long list! In terms of style (this is a fashion blog), I’d have to say Jackie and Grace who really, truly started the obsession for me. I probably wouldn’t invite anyone else because I’d want to hang with them!
8. What was the last thing you ate?
Greek yogurt at lunch. It’s kind of mental because I’m going to a Greek restaurant for dinner and will indulge in even more.
9. What is your favorite flower?
Peonies. I bought some recently and posted a pretty photo on Instagram. (Follow me!)
10. If you could go back to school and major in any subject you want, what would it be and why?
I was an English major and it’s served me well. If I were to do something different, broadcast journalism, so I’d be as strong communicating verbally as in writing.
11. What would you consider your “signature color?”
Hmmm. Ask my clients and they’ll tell you I believe in color and pattern, despite a lot of black and white in my own wardrobe. I tend to buy shades of red/pink/coral– they go great with all the black and white!
11 Questions For My Blogger Friends To Answer
- The best piece of life advice you’ve ever received?
- The best piece of style advice you’ve ever received?
- What was your first-ever blog post about?
- What item is your dream addition to your wardrobe?
- You have to wear one item of clothing every day for the rest of your life. What would it be?
- Fashion trend you followed, that you wish you didn’t?
- When I see someone wearing _________, I cringe.
- Three favorite places to shop online?
- Make-up or beauty product you can’t live without?
- What’s your guiltiest pleasure?
- What was your happiest day?
Bloggers I Nominate (Many of ‘em are fab fashionphiles I met/began to follow #stylechat-ing)
- Jenny at A Fashionable Paradise (Who made this sunglasses post for me the other day!)
- Silvane and Monique from Belle and E.I.B.
- Sydney and Sarah from Exposed Style